DUI PRE-TRIAL DIVERSION
ORLANDO DUI DEFENSE LAWYERS
The Bigney Law Firm Protects Your Rights in DUI Cases DUI PRE-TRIAL DIVERSION PROGRAM
Orange and Osceola counties offer a DUI diversion program for first-time DUI offenders. The program is broken down into two tiers depending on the facts of the case. Tier Two Diversion has enhanced supervision and additional program requirements, than Tier One Diversion. If a defendant successfully completes DUI Pre-Trial Diversion (PTD), the State Attorney's Office will drop the charges. Furthermore, once the charges are dropped, the defendant is likely eligible to have his or her record expunged.
A lawyer from The Bigney Law Firm in Orlando, Florida, can defend you against DUI charges and help you become eligible for Pre-Trial Diversion. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more.
What Are the conditions of Pre-Trial Diversion?
DUI PTD is a 12-month program with a program cost of $600. The minimum program requirements are as follows:
- DUI Counterattack school (level 1)
- Victim Impact Panel class through MADD
- 10-day vehicle impoundment/immobilization
- $250 monetary contribution
- Investigative costs
- Random urine screens
- Obtain a substance abuse evaluation and complete any recommended treatment
Am I eligible for DUI Pre-Trial Diversion?
- The defendant must have no prior alcohol-related driving history, regardless of the outcome of the charge.
- The defendant may have not more than two prior misdemeanor convictions, if the prior misdemeanor offenses were eligible for diversion.
- The defendant may have completed no more than one diversion program including juvenile programs.
- The defendant must not have been involved in a crash in the instant case.
- The fact of the case must suggest that the defendant is a good candidate for DUI Pre-Trial Diversion.
- The specific admission requirements for each tier are:
- Tier One — Submit to breath/blood test and average result must be less than .15.
- Tier Two — Submit to breath/blood test with an average result of at least .15 but no greater than .22. Refusal to submit will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order to be eligible for either tier, the defendant must meet the following general criteria:
Are You a First-Time DUI Offender? Talk to One of Our Orange County Lawyers About Your Rights and Options.
If you are facing a first drunk driving charge, you may be eligible for Pre-Trial Diversion. To learn if you are, schedule a free case evaluation with an attorney at The Bigney Law Firm. Contact us online or call 407-792-2923 any time of the day or night. For your convenience, our office is located in downtown Orlando, Florida, one block behind the courthouse. Se habla Español.
With our office conveniently located in downtown Orlando, our lawyers handle cases throughout Florida.
- DUI Traffic Offenses
- DUI Information Center
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Juvenile Crimes & Defense
- Illegal Search & Seizure
- Violation of Probation & Community Control
- Sealing & Expungement
- Federal Crimes
- DUI Pre-Trial Diversion
- Pre-Trial Diversion(PTD)
- Standard Conditions of Probation
- Police Entrapment
- Telemarketing Fraud
- Health Care Fraud
- Insurance Fraud