Standard Conditions of Probation
STANDARD CONDITIONS OF PROBATION
At The Bigney Law Firm in Orlando, Florida, we can answer any questions you may have regarding the conditions of probation. Contact us today for a free consultation.
When the courts impose probation or community control as a sanction, the probationer is bound by standard conditions of probation. Some of the standard conditions of probation are as follows:
- Report to probation as directed
- Permit supervisors to visit him or her at his or her home or elsewhere
- Work faithfully at suitable employment insofar as may be possible
- Remain within a specified place
- Make restitution (if ordered)
- Support his or her legal dependents
- Not associate with persons engaged in a criminal act
- Submit to random drug testing
- Prohibition from possessing or carrying a firearm
Often the courts impose additional special conditions of probation. These special conditions of probation often depend on what the criminal charge is and typically include one or more of the following:
- Community service hours
- Drug evaluation
- Drug treatment (residential or out-patient)
- Impulse control class (theft cases)
- Anger management class
- Batterers' intervention class (domestic violence cases)
Violating any of these standard conditions or special conditions of probation is commonly called a "technical violation" and will most often result in a violation of probation being filed and the probationer getting arrested on a no-bond warrant.
A person can also be violated for a "substantive violation," which is essentially being violated for getting arrested for a new offense while on probation. This too will result in a no-bond warrant.
Questions About Probation Rules? Talk to an Orange County Criminal Law Attorney Today.
If you or someone you know has a pending violation of probation or community control, it is important to contact a lawyer with a lot of experience handling violations of probation as soon as possible. The attorneys at The Bigney Law Firm have handled hundreds, maybe thousands of violations of probation. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to successfully defend these charges. Contact us at 407-792-2923 to discuss defending VOPs.
- DUI Traffic Offenses
- DUI Information Center
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Juvenile Crimes & Defense
- Illegal Search & Seizure
- Violation of Probation & Community Control
- Sealing & Expungement
- Federal Crimes
- DUI Pre-Trial Diversion
- Pre-Trial Diversion(PTD)
- Standard Conditions of Probation
- Police Entrapment
- Telemarketing Fraud
- Health Care Fraud
- Insurance Fraud