Violation Of Probation & Community Control


Our experienced team of attorneys is dedicated to winning every case. However, sometimes a complete dismissal is not possible. When a dismissal is unlikely, the question almost every client asks is: What is the worst case scenario for my case? While the question certainly raises a legitimate concern of someone charged with a crime, the answer often is followed by panic. That is because no matter what, every criminal charge has a statutory maximum sentence of jail or prison. The maximum incarceration is a follows:

  • Capital Offenses - Life in prison
  • First Degree Felony - 30 years prison
  • Second Degree Felony -15 years prison
  • Third Degree Felony - 5 years prison
  • First Degree Misdemeanor - 1 year jail
  • Second Degree Misdemeanor - 60 days jail

It is rare that someone, even with a history of criminal convictions, gets sentenced to the maximum. That is why, when questioned about the worst case scenario, we always follow up with what we believe will be the most likely sentence. A lot of times, this depends on what their criminal history is.

Criminal Punishment Score sheet:

The legislature has developed a score sheet. The score sheet is a point system used to determine what the lowest permissible sentence is. If the score sheet indicates that the accused score is less than or equal to 44 points, the lowest permissible sentence is any non-state prison sentence, including probation or jail.

Did you know that even if a score sheet indicates that the lowest permissible sentence suggests a lengthy prison sentence, our respected criminal defense lawyers may be able to get the court to agree to probation as a sentence alternative (Downward Departure). Call our attorneys today at 407-792-2923 to see what sentencing options are available.

Sentencing Alternatives:

Obviously, not everyone that takes a deal or is convicted of a crime is going to be sentenced to jail or prison. There are many other options that may be available. Those options include:

  • Probation
  • Community Control
  • House Arrest
  • Pre-Trial Diversion
  • Pre-Trial Intervention
  • Time Served Sentence
  • Work Release (a jail sentence which allows you to leave jail to work)

Find out which sentencing alternatives may be available to you. Contact us as soon as possible at 407-792-2923 or toll free at 866-935-5564.

Criminal Cases

The Latest From Our Firm

Sign Up For Updates